Another year went by. What an amazing and unbelievable year it was. The first half of the year I continued to work as an au pair which was a great and amazing experience. The best highlight for sure was to see my host family in California again, especially my little sister whom I have not seen for three years. And after I was done with my au pair job my family came over and we travelled throughout the United States. What a great vacation. And the last few months I started studying Simulation Technology in Stuttgart.
But 2011 was also an incredible year worldwide. Unbelievable how much has happened this year.
December 26, 2011
December 24, 2011
December 16, 2011
I have lived in the U.S. for over two years and I have experienced all kind of difference to Germany. Here is a short list about the main differences
- public transportation is in Germany way better
- Americans use the car to get everywhere and gas is way cheaper
- but Germany has the autobahn and the States always the speed limit
- Americans news do not talk about the world just about the States
- most popular sport in the U.S. is football, in Germany it is soccer
- school system is different. In my opinion high school is easier than the German school
- doing sport is more common and easier in the States
December 6, 2011
It only snowed for a few minutes but at least it snowed ;) and what a perfect timing : today is also Santa Claus Day. In Germany is usual to put out your shoe in front of your house door and then "Santa" fills it with candies and little presents. But I am little bit too old for this tradition...